4.8-Earthquake Hits Romania's Vrancea, Felt in Bucharest Too
A 4.8-magnitude earthquake struck Romania on Thursday, though no victims or casualties were reported, the National Institute for Earth Physics said.
The epicentre of the earthquake, which struck at 8:15 local time, was in the Vrancea region, in the east of Romania, some 380 km northeast of Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
The quake struck at a depth of 140 kilometres and tremors were felt in the capital Bucharest.
Romania is one of the most earthquake-prone countries in Europe, with its Vrancea region lying at the intersection of three tectonic plates.
In 1977, a 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck Vrancea and left more than 1,500 people dead.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Expect Rain in the Evening, Max Temp Between 14°-19°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds with Little Chance of Rain
- » Weather in Bulgaria: First Snow is expected on Tuesday. Cold, but without Siberian frosts in December
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Light Rains across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Max Temp Between 7°-12°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Significant Clouds and Max Temperatures Between 6°-11°C