EU Commission to Issue Next Report on Bulgaria’s Progress in Year
The next European Commission report on Bulgaria's progress will be issued in about a year, the EU executive has decided on Wednesday morning, its spokesman confirmed.
“The European Commission felt that it was important to have this longer time frame,” Mark Gray, a spokesman for the European Commission, said at a press conference in Brussels on Wednesday.
The European Commission's monitoring report on Bulgaria, issued on Wednesday, covers for the first time a one-year period in which three governments have succeeded.
Normally the reports on the country's progress under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) cover a 6-month period.
According to the Commission this very often does not lead to good results as governments are tempted to go for shot-term actions, Mark Gray added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov