Flu Epidemic Declared for Sofia Region
A flu epidemic has been declared Tuesday throughout the Sofia region, announced Dr. Alexander Zlatanov, Director of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian news agency BGNES.
Incidences of flu and acute respiratory infections in the Sofia region have reached 318 per thousand.
"The data give us reason to declare a flu epidemic throughout the Sofia region effective January 21 with all the ensuing epidemiological measures and suspension of school classes for seven calendar days," said Dr. Zlatanov.
- » Varicella Boom throughout Bulgaria
- » Hepatitis A Boom in Bobov Dol
- » Third Man Infected with the New Coronavirus Has been Hospitalized in Singapore
- » Eight People Have Died Following Complications of a Flu Infection Greece
- » Japan Confirmed the First Case of a New Type Pneumonia-Like Virus
- » Only 20.6% of Women in Bulgaria had been Screened for Breast Cancer