BUSINESS IN BRIEF
The Government dismissed the head of the Agency for the Peaceful Use of Atomic Use /CPUNE/ Robert Popits. He is temporarily replaced by the Agency’s Deputy Chair Tinko Ganchev.
BULGARIA and the European Union will sign a memorandum on the Danube Bridge 2 project in late September, ministry of transport sources announced. The European Commission has already approved the financial memorandum for the release of EUR 5 million to be used for covering expert support for the project.
DEPUTY prime minister and minister of economy Nikolay Vassilev will discuss again next week with representatives of the Swedish Fisson Invest the options for rehabilitation of the Varna Shipyard. Fisson is ready to invest USD 56 million in restoring production at the shipyard.
The excise duty rates will be increased gradually to reach European level on Bulgaria`s accession to the European Union, Finance Minister Milen Velchev was quoted by BTA.
WITHIN two weeks the ministry of transport will hold a tender for awarding contracts for the construction of a new landing track and a new terminal at Sofia Airport. The project is financed by the EU.
IRANIAN free economic zones and the Varna Transit Zone will negotiate next week on an agreement for transit of goods from and to Iran through Bulgaria.
INTERNAL credit rose to BGN 5.42 billion in the week to August 10,up by 1.7% compared to the previous week. Receivables from government rose to BGN 503.8 million, which amounts to a 12.7% increase in a week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August