Laity Louds Finalists in Bulgaria's Nevrokop Metropolitan Vote
Branits Bishop Grigoriy and Melnik Bishop Serafim have been elected finalists to run for the post of Nevrokop Metropolitan in Bulgaria.
The results were announced by the Vidin Metropolitan Dometian who was temporarily in charge of the Nevrokop eparchy after Metropolitan Natanail passed away in November 2013 and vacated the post.
Serafim has garnered 30 votes out of 30 possible, while Grigoriy has 28.
Minutes before the announcement of the results, laity waiting outside was allowed in the yard of the eparchy in the southwestern town of Gotse Delchev.
Despite reported turmoil days before the vote, the news about the finalists was met with thundering applause. People are quoted in saying that this was one of holiest days for their town.
On January 19, the Holy Synod, if it deems the Sunday vote canonic, is going to elect the Nevrokop Metropolitan between the two finalists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia
- » Bulgaria Ranks 77th in the World in Terms of Happiness
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Rains will Mostly Stop and Sunny Weather will prevail over Bulgaria
- » Photos of Jackson Pollock's Painting that was Found in Bulgaria
- » Pollock's Painting, found in Bulgaria, was part of Ceausescu's Personal Collection