Former Romanian PM Sentenced for Taking Bribes
Former Romanian Prime Minister Adrian Nastase has been sentenced to four years behind bars for taking bribes.
The High Court of Cassation and Justice convicted him of illegally receiving for free EUR 630,000 of construction work and imported goods for two homes from 2002 to 2004.
He was also given three years for blackmail - a term which will run concurrently.
Nastase survived a suicide attempt in 2012, shortly after getting a two-year jail term in a separate case, the BBC reminds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home
- » Ceasefire: Nagorno-Karabakh Forces Surrendered to the Azeris