Bulgaria's Judiciary Ethics Body Clears Controversial Candidate
After holding a hearing Monday, the Ethics Committee of Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) decided that judge Vesselina Teneva has not violated the Magistrates' Code.
Teneva, a judge from the Supreme Administrative Court (VAS), is the only nomination to lead the Inspectorate at VSS.
The members of the Ethics Committee have examined four documents from deals involving four family properties and have decided that they showed "strictly private property relationships," which did not contain any violations. They came to the same conclusion after seeing the judge's property declarations.
Upon her arrival and after the conclusion of her hearing with VSS, Teneva declined any comments of the media. When leaving the VSS headquarters she only said her explanations will be published by the Ethics Committee.
- » Bulgaria Is the Second Cheapest Country in the European Union
- » Tonight the Traffic on Struma Highway Will Be Stopped for an Hour
- » The Toll System Will Start Running at 12-14 Stotinki per Kilometer
- » Every Day on Average 74 Bulgarians Emigrated to Germany in 2018
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali
- » "Cinema Under the Stars" Begins Tonight with the Movie "Ága"