Laid-off Staff of Bulgarian Burgas Shipyard Protest over Unpaid Wages
Over 60 workers made redundant by the Burgas shipyard staged a protest and a 15-minute road block on Sunday over unpaid salaries and compensations.
During the road block of the Ivan Vazov Street, near the city's railway station, only public busses were allowed to pass.
The protesters demanded that the new management of the company pay them the unpaid salaries and compensations, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
The Burgas shipyard owes around BGN 4000-5000 in unpaid salaries to a total of 150 redundant workers.
The laid-off workers have registered with the local labor office and each of them has initiated a lawsuit over the unpaid salaries and compensations.
At 8 am on Monday, protesters are to meet with the new executive director of the company, Deyan Marinov to learn about the plans of the new management.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Leaders will arrive in Bulgaria for the Opening Ceremony of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Europe is preparing for a Shut Down of Mobile Networks this Winter
- » What is EBRD's Economic Forecast for Bulgaria
- » Crypto Glossary- a Rundown with all the Vocabulary necessary to learn in the Crypto Industry
- » The Interconnector Bulgaria-Greece secured Act 16
- » Natural Gas in Bulgaria could Drop in Price by 32 percent Soon