Forks & Corks: Mekitsas
Ingredients: 1kg flour, 3eggs, 1/2kg yoghurt, 10g yeast or 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 cupful water, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cupful sunflower oil. Beat eggs and yoghurt together with the water and yeast or baking soda diluted in some cold water. Prepare a soft dough and let stand for 1 hour. Then roll into a sheet and cut out circles with a teacup. Fry in plenty of oil until a reddish hue is obtained. Serve with icing sugar, jam or cheese. Enjoy!
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Bulgaria: Helicopter Crash with One Dead
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence