Bulgarian Tourism Marks Record Year
The outgoing 2013 was among the best years for Bulgaria’s tourism sector.
For the first time, profits exceeded EUR 3 B and the number of tourists climbed over 7 million, reports Investor.bg. This is a 5% growth compared to the previous year.
As expected, the summer season was the most successful, with a 5.8% increase in the number of tourists. The highest share came from Romanians, over 1 million of whom visited the Black Sea. A notable increase among Russian and German tourists was evident.
Winter tourism also marked an exceptional 8.2% rise.
Tourism remains the only sector in Bulgaria to record progressive growth over the years of economic recession.
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y
- » Increasing Number of Chinese Tourists will Come to Varna