Bulgaria's Anti-Govt Protesters Vow to Get Radical
Bulgaria's anti-government demonstrators will get more radical after January 10.
The Facebook-organized event was created by one of the faces of the protests against PM Oresharski's Socialist-endorsed cabinet - Yavor Nikiforov, who was arrested in mid-November.
Nikiforov made an analogy between the current situation and the events in Bulgaria from January 1997 when the country fell into a deep political and financial crisis and people took the streets in protests. According to him, it was time that history repeated itself.
"We did not expect such an arrogant and thick-skinned government. From now on, it has become clear that we have to get inside the Parliament building, as people did in 1997. We must choose the least painful way to end this harmful period of Bulgarian history" Nikiforov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Refused to Supply the Fifth Approved COVID Vaccine
- » The Disney + Streaming Service Launches in Bulgaria in the Summer of 2022
- » Dr. Simidchiev: At Least 2/3 of Bulgarians are Against the Measures but They Risk Severe Illness
- » Bulgarian Doctor: This is Not a Wave, this is a Tsunami, we have Too Many Patients
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 5°C and 10°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Victims of the Virus have Exceeded 33,000