Turkish Opposition Leader: New Mins Include Deep State, Erdogan Loyalists
Turkish main opposition party CHP leader Kemal K?l?cdaroglu has criticized the new composition of PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan's cabinet, in particular Erdogan's choice for new Minister of Interior.
According to K?l?cdaroglu, Erdogan has now attempted "to make a cabinet that would strictly follow his personal intentions without the slightest opposition."
K?l?cdaroglu was especially critical of Interior Min nominee, former Council of Ministers chief secretary Efkan Ala, reports NTV.
According to the CHP leader, Ala is to be seen as "the face of the Deep State within ruling party AKP."
The so-called "Deep State" in Turkey refers to a perceived symbiosis among political elite, secret services and organized crime.
On his part, PM Erdogan has been consistently describing the investigation, carried out by prosecution and police, as an attempt to force him out of power, helped by foreign influence.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: Putin will use Winter as a Weapon in the War
- » Day 279 of the Invasion of Ukraine: USA stated there is “No Need to declare Russia a Terrorist State”
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Musk: Apple has 'threatened to withhold' Twitter
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'