35% of Bulgarians Complain of Poor Water Quality
A total of 35% of Bulgarians consider drinking water in the country to be of very poor quality.
The state has proposed a strategy for resolving the problems in the water sector and for coping with aridity in the next 10 years, Bulgarian TV channel bTV informed.
The short term plans include the construction of reservoirs in several Bulgarian regions in 2014.
"For the first time in 20 years we begin the construction of reservoirs such as Luda Yana, Plovdivtsi, Neykovtsi as well as the reconstruction of Studena reservoir," said Desislava Terzieva Minister of Regional Development.
The Strategy envisions investments of BGN 12 B for the rehabilitation of water supply networks and for sewerage construction.
Furthermore, between 60% and 80% of drinking water is wasted in the supply process and wastage should be cat back by 2/3 until 2023, according to the Strategy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend