Major Fire at Bulgaria's Vitosha Brought Under Control
The wildfire burning on the southern side of Bulgaria’s Vitosha Mountain has been brought under control.
A team of Fire Safety and Civil Protection-Pernik, as well volunteers from the local village of Kladnitsa are currently working on extinguishing the fire, the Focus news agency informed Wednesday.
The signal about the fire was received at 2.22 pm Tuesday.
The firefighters found that dry grass and bushes were burning.
Nearly 30 acres of land have been damaged by the wildfire.
The authorities assured that there was no risk of the fire spreading to the nearby villages and buildings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1