Major Fire at Bulgaria's Vitosha Brought Under Control
The wildfire burning on the southern side of Bulgaria’s Vitosha Mountain has been brought under control.
A team of Fire Safety and Civil Protection-Pernik, as well volunteers from the local village of Kladnitsa are currently working on extinguishing the fire, the Focus news agency informed Wednesday.
The signal about the fire was received at 2.22 pm Tuesday.
The firefighters found that dry grass and bushes were burning.
Nearly 30 acres of land have been damaged by the wildfire.
The authorities assured that there was no risk of the fire spreading to the nearby villages and buildings.
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » The 2020 Earth Hour will be Marked Online due the Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy
- » Code Yellow Warning for Rough Seas
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy and Rainy - Stay at Home!
- » Code Orange Warning for High Winds and Rough Seas