Anonymous Bulgaria Vow to Take Down Chevron's Website
Anonymous Bulgaria has issued an ultimatum to US energy giant Chevron over its expanding shale gas exploration activities on Romanian territory.
The local unit of Anonymous warned in a Tuesday statement that by the end of the day the website of the energy corporation would collapse, showing its executives that their activities would not go unpunished.
The group, as cited by Sega daily, vowed that it would keep battling "forces of the New World Order which place money above blood and nature."
They explained that they had targeted Chevron because they were seeking to boost profits and "appease their bottomless corporate greed" through impudent destruction of land and water belonging to other peoples.
The activists noted that the imposition of a ban on shale gas drilling through hydraulic fracturing (fracking) in Bulgaria had caused the "destroyers of nature" to move to Romania.
"The fracking zones are in northern Dobrudzha, which is almost the same as if they were in Bulgaria," they insisted.
They argued that hydraulic fracturing lead to soil and water contamination in 99% of the cases and could even trigger earthquakes.
The activists pledged to not leave Chevron's looting would not be left unretaliated.
- » Bulgarian Businesses and Trade Unions Request Meeting with PM over High Power Prices on Energy Exchange
- » Bulgartransgaz Creates Subsidiary for Gas Distribution Hub
- » General Electric Interested in Participating as Potential Supplier of Equipment and Engineer of Belene NPP
- » Energy Regulator Discussed Measure to Stabilise Power Prices at The Free Market
- » Urgent Meeting Due to Industrial Electricity Prices in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: We Have Created a Liberalized Electricity Market
Chevron rape the planet. In Brazil Chevron have been fined US$9,6mill for contaminating and area of Brazilian rainforest that they destroyed which led to illness amongst the native population. They appealed against the fine and the Braziliam court doubled it. They have now appealed to the highest court in the land.
The problem is that corporations accept that they will damage the planet, look at the huge BP oil spill in the Gulf. It is the fact that the shareholders never have to face justice. Their greed knows no limits, were they to consider the planet, the only home we have, maybe they would sell their shares and invest in more thical companies but I guess they do not generate the same profits.