Major Fire on Southern Side of Bulgaria's Vitosha Mountain
A wildfire is burning on the southern side of the Vitosha Mountain.
The fire is burning at around 1000 meters above sea level in the region of the villages of Studena, Kladnitsa, and Chuipetlovo, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The flames are visible from the section of main road E-79 near the village of Delyan.
The smoke column is around 1km high
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry told journalists that they had received a signal about the incident and they had dispatched teams to the site.
By 5 pm on Tuesday, a team of firefighters, 15 employees of the Vitosha state forest holding and 8 volunteers were fighting the flames, according to reports of the Interior.
The signal about the fire was received at 2.22 pm.
The firefighters found that dry grass and bushes were burning.
The authorities assured that there was no risk of the fire spreading to the nearby villages and buildings.
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C
- » NIMH: Code Yellow and Code Orange Warning for Dangerous Weather in Place in 16 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy with Rain or Snow
- » Weather Foreast: Mostly Cloudy with Rain