Bulgaria's Schuldschein Loan Interest Ranges between 3.4%-4.6%
The average interest of the EUR 290 M Schuldschein loan that Bulgaria raised in private placement to finance its budget shortfall ranges between 3.4%-4.6%, the finance ministry said.
The government raised EUR 156 M in a 15-year loan with an average interest of 4.6%, EUR 103.5 M in a 10-year credit at 4.1% and EUR 30.5 M in a 7-year loan at 3.397%.
Austrian and German institutional investors offered most of the EUR 290 M that Bulgaria raised in private placement Schuldschein loans.
Deutsche Bank and Raiffeisen Bank International acted as arrangers of the Schuldschein loan, which is not well known in Bulgaria and is used to raise capital from both private corporations, municipalities and states.
The loan agreement envisages three tranches of seven, 10 and 15 years paying fixed-rate interest rates.
The loan agreement was ratified by Bulgaria's parliament last month.
Bulgaria and Deutsche Bank had initially agreed on a EUR 360 M Schuldschein loan to help service debt payments and increase fiscal reserves.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Financial Markets Tumbled Amid Fears of Growing COVID-19 Cases
- » Crucial Checkpoints for Your Bitcoin Trading Journey
- » 5 Simple Steps to an Effective Bitcoin Trading Strategy
- » Crazy Bitcoin Stories You Won’t Believe Are Real
- » Top Bitcoin Investing Risks and How to Avoid Them
- » Bulgarian Government, Employers and Unions to Discuss 2021 Budget