Bulgarian National Investigative Service Appoints New Chief
The Bulgarian Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) will appoint the new chief of the National Investigative Service on Wednesday.
The only candidate for the position is Sofia City Prosecutor Evgeni Dikov, who was proposed by the Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov and members of the SJC.
The head of the National Investigative Service (NIS) also functions as a Deputy Chief Prosecutor.
The previous NIS chief Boyko Naydenov filed his resignation on November 4, citing personal reasons.
Evgeni Dikov has over 30 years of legal experience. He has worked as a deputy district attorney, and district attorney of Sofia, a Sofia City Prosecutor, as well as in the Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Dikov was also an investigator in the National Investigative Service.
- » Sofia's District Heating Company Says the Network is Ready for Winter
- » Sofia Hosts Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Old Car Tax Increase was Adopted at First Reading in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria is the most Competitive Economy in the Balkans
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the Draft Disability Act
- » NFSB will Seek the Resignation of Volen Siderov as Chair of United Patriots’ PG