Bulgarian National Investigative Service Appoints New Chief
The Bulgarian Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) will appoint the new chief of the National Investigative Service on Wednesday.
The only candidate for the position is Sofia City Prosecutor Evgeni Dikov, who was proposed by the Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov and members of the SJC.
The head of the National Investigative Service (NIS) also functions as a Deputy Chief Prosecutor.
The previous NIS chief Boyko Naydenov filed his resignation on November 4, citing personal reasons.
Evgeni Dikov has over 30 years of legal experience. He has worked as a deputy district attorney, and district attorney of Sofia, a Sofia City Prosecutor, as well as in the Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Dikov was also an investigator in the National Investigative Service.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend