New Delay in Bulgarian 'Cocaine King' Extradition Ruling
The Sofia City Court has postponed yet again its verdict on Romania's claim for the extradition of drug lord Evelin Banev, aka Brendo, in order to be tried there.
Brendo was sentenced by an Italian court to 20 years in jail in July, as part of a trial called the "Cocaine Kings".
Later, he was returned to Bulgaria in order to appear in court for another trial. Meanwhile, Romania has appealed for his extradition, so Brendo can be tried there as well.
The magistrates postponed the verdict once in October, and earlier in December, in order to familiarize themselves further with the case's documents.
The next hearing is scheduled for January 21.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today