Giant Mandela Statue Unveiled in Pretoria
A giant 9-meter high statue of Nelson Mandela was unveiled on Monday in the South African capital Pretoria.
The bronze statue was erected by the Union Buildings, the country's government complex, reports Euronews.
The date of the statue's unveiling is symbolic as it is Reconciliation Day in South Africa, a memorable date to honor the country's most prominent freedom fighter, Nelson Mandela.
Mandela, who passed away on December 5 at the age of 95, was buried in his birth village Qunu on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid
- » Day 81 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Hell at Azovstal, Russia Drops Phosphorus Bombs, Rocket Fire near Ukraine’s Border with Poland
- » Day 80 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Fighting in Donbas is Gaining Momentum, Russian Soldier on Trial
- » Lavrov: The EU has become an Aggressive and Militant Player
- » Zelenskiy: No One can Predict How Long this War will Last
- » Croatia will Adopt the Euro on 1 January 2023