Giant Mandela Statue Unveiled in Pretoria
A giant 9-meter high statue of Nelson Mandela was unveiled on Monday in the South African capital Pretoria.
The bronze statue was erected by the Union Buildings, the country's government complex, reports Euronews.
The date of the statue's unveiling is symbolic as it is Reconciliation Day in South Africa, a memorable date to honor the country's most prominent freedom fighter, Nelson Mandela.
Mandela, who passed away on December 5 at the age of 95, was buried in his birth village Qunu on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees
- » By Decree: Zelensky Forbade Negotiations with Putin
- » Hungary, Austria and Serbia are expanding their Cooperation in the fight against Illegal Migration
- » Day 223 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Continue to Retreat from “Annexed” Territories
- » Japan urges Residents to take Shelter as North Korea fires Missile
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans