US ADMIRAL PRAISES BULGARIA'S CONTRIBUTION TO BALKAN PEACEKEEPING
US Sixth Fleet Commander Vice-Admiral Gregory Johnson gave high assessment to the assistance rendered by this country to NATO during the Kosovo crisis and to the participation of Bulgarian troops in the Kfor [Kosovo Force] and Sfor [Stabilization Force] contingents, the press office of the Bulgarian Defence Ministry said after a meeting between Johnson and Defence Minister Nikolay Svinarov. Johnson emphasized Bulgaria's leading role in the series of meetings between the defence ministers of Southeast European countries which, in his view, contributes to the effort to increase the transparency, mutual trust and stability in the region. Johnson had a chance to assess the interoperability between the naval forces of the two countries during joint exercises and exercises held within the framework of the Partnership for Peace initiative. Svinarov said bilateral military cooperation contributes to achieving increased interoperability in the process of integrating Bulgaria into the NATO structures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'