Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has firmly denied his country was preparing documents for joining the Customs Union led by Russia.
Azarov, cited by the Focus news agency, has stated that he wanted to immediately stop and prevent further speculations that Ukraine was negotiating with Russia and was preparing the accession documentation, adding he assumed full responsibility for his words.
Speaking Wednesday during a meeting of his government, the PM explained that many documents are being prepared for the upcoming bilateral talks with Russia later this month, but the Customs Union ones were not among them.
The decision of the Ukrainian government to withdraw from a free-trade deal with the EU last month sparked huge street rallies. Demonstrations are continuing in the capital Kiev amidst strong clashes with riot police Berkut.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Day 580 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hits Izmail
- » More than 200 people were Injured in an Explosion at a Gas Station in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv has received American Abrams Tanks
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador