Turkish Coffee Enters UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage List
Turkish coffee has been included in the in the List of Immaterial Cultural Heritage of UNESCO.
The issue was decided at the UNESCO committee's session in Baku, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA).
Around 800 delegates from 116 countries took part in the sitting, which included discussions on 38 proposals.
The proposal for including Turkish coffee in the List of Immaterial Cultural Heritage was approved by an overwhelming majority.
Prior to Turkish coffee, a number of other assets of Turkey's culture were included in the UNESCO intangible cultural heritage list, including grease wrestling in Kirkpinar, shadow theater Karag?z and Hacivat, etc.
Turkey is also preparing to propose for the inclusion of the art of ebru water surface painting into UNESCO's List of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 390 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Xi Jinping visits Moscow
- » Saudi Arabia's King invites the President of Iran to visit Riyadh
- » North Korea is Rehearsing Nuclear Strikes against the US and South Korea
- » Switzerland: Liquidity Aid for UBS and Credit Suisse “Not a Bailout”
- » By 2050: The Population in 61 countries, including Bulgaria, will Decrease
- » Day 389 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin visited occupied Mariupol