Private Universities in Bulgaria to Receive State Subsidies as of 2014
The draft higher education strategy 2014-2020 of Bulgaria's Ministry of Education and Science envisages state budget subsidies for private universities.
The state will subsidize private university students studying for jobs "plagued by chronic deficit of specialists with university education" according to the strategy, as cited by offnews.bg.
The admissions in such courses of study will increase.
Such programs are for instance engineering , according to the authors
State budget allocations to private universities are to be launched in the academic year 2014/2015, according to the project of the Education Ministry.
"As early as the 2014-2015 academic year, the government plans to increase admission numbers and incentives for state and private universities for professions characterized by a chronic deficit of specialists with university degrees. The aim will be to attract talented students into the development and implementation of research and business projects at universities," the strategy says.
The state will support research at private universities too.
Among the goals stipulated in the strategy is "encouraging a practical orientation of education and research at private universities, as well as their integration with foreign organizations (from EU member states and third countries)."
The strategy also envisages measures such as mergers of universities, introducing a new accreditation system for universities, introducing stricter state quality control by the state, and introducing two-part (academic and economic) governing boards of universities which are accountable to the Education Minister.
- » Not Enough Fine Art, Music and Gym Teachers for the Upcoming School Year in Bulgaria
- » PM Borisov: Over 200 Schools Throughout Bulgaria are Undergoing Complete Renovation
- » PhD Scholarships in Bulgaria to be Increased by BGN 3 Million per Year
- » Next Year the Average Teacher's Salary in Bulgaria will be 1300 Leva
- » Repton School Set to Open New Centre in Bulgaria as First in Bulgaria with English Curriculum
- » Small Free Libraries will Appear in Several Locations Across the Country