Italian Ex-PM Berslusconi Expelled from Senate
Italy’s former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been expelled from parliament with immediate effect over his conviction for tax fraud.
The vote in the Italian Senate on Wednesday was 192 to 113, with two abstentions, CNN infroms.
The 77-year-old, who has dominated Italian politics for two decades, could now face arrest over other criminal cases as he has lost his immunity from prosecution.
Berlusconi was convicted of tax fraud in October 2012 over deals his firm Mediaset made to purchase TV rights to US films. The verdict was upheld in August 2013.
He will have to serve a one-year sentence, probably under house arrest or by doing community service because of his age.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home
- » Ceasefire: Nagorno-Karabakh Forces Surrendered to the Azeris