Fire Erupts at Illegal Immigrants Hostel in Sofia
A blaze has been reported in downtown Bulgarian capital Sofia, in a building housing illegal immigrants.
The fire broke around 8 am Wednesday morning near the open-air Women's Market (Zhenski Pazar) and started from the roof of some storage facilities on the corner of Stefan Stambolov and Knyaz Boris streets.
Four fire trucks and a fire crew were sent and they extinguished the flames. An ambulance was also dispatched. There were people inside, but no injuries have been reported.
According to Darik radio, one of the affected buildings is used to house about 200 illegal immigrants from Afghanistan.
The Mayor of "Vazrazhdane" district told bTV that just one day earlier she received a complaint about deplorable conditions in the same building and has launched a probe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Time in Bulgaria: A Subvariant of Omicron VA.2.75 has been Identified
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 188 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours