Fire Erupts at Illegal Immigrants Hostel in Sofia
A blaze has been reported in downtown Bulgarian capital Sofia, in a building housing illegal immigrants.
The fire broke around 8 am Wednesday morning near the open-air Women's Market (Zhenski Pazar) and started from the roof of some storage facilities on the corner of Stefan Stambolov and Knyaz Boris streets.
Four fire trucks and a fire crew were sent and they extinguished the flames. An ambulance was also dispatched. There were people inside, but no injuries have been reported.
According to Darik radio, one of the affected buildings is used to house about 200 illegal immigrants from Afghanistan.
The Mayor of "Vazrazhdane" district told bTV that just one day earlier she received a complaint about deplorable conditions in the same building and has launched a probe.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Rain Showers and Thunder in some Places in Eastern and Mountainous Areas
- » Today High School Graduates Take State Exam in Bulgarian Language and Literature
- » Powerful Hailstorm Hit Northwestern Bulgaria
- » The Administrative Court Will Meet Today On The Air Clean-Up Case In Sofia
- » Sunny Weather Today
- » Bomb Alert Closed the Palace of Justice In Sofia