Bulgaria on Alert over Oncoming Winds, Snow
Most of the territory of Bulgaria has been placed under codes orange and code yellow for (potentially) dangerous weather due to continuing wind and snow expected Wednesday.
Code orange is declared over regions from the north-west and central north, from Vidin on to Veliko Tarnovo, as well as over Smolyan region in the south.
Snowfall there is expected to accumulate to 15 over Wednesday, with the north-easter wind strong at times, warned Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Except for Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Stara Zagora regions, which have received no warning, the rest of Bulgaria's territory has been placed over code yellow.
Tuesday saw the first snowfall in Bulgaria's lowlands for the 2013-14 winter season.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend