Bulgaria on Alert over Oncoming Winds, Snow
Most of the territory of Bulgaria has been placed under codes orange and code yellow for (potentially) dangerous weather due to continuing wind and snow expected Wednesday.
Code orange is declared over regions from the north-west and central north, from Vidin on to Veliko Tarnovo, as well as over Smolyan region in the south.
Snowfall there is expected to accumulate to 15 over Wednesday, with the north-easter wind strong at times, warned Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Except for Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv and Stara Zagora regions, which have received no warning, the rest of Bulgaria's territory has been placed over code yellow.
Tuesday saw the first snowfall in Bulgaria's lowlands for the 2013-14 winter season.
- » 6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » The 2020 Earth Hour will be Marked Online due the Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy
- » Code Yellow Warning for Rough Seas