Bulgaria’s Stoichkov to Appear in Italian Court over Fraud
Bulgarian football legend Hristo Stoichkov will appear in front of an Italian court over the case with fraudulent advertisement contracts during his period in Parma.
Stoichkov is among 26 players, agents, and managers who are under investigation for receiving a total of EUR 10 M from club sponsor Parmalat, under false advertisement contracts during the period 1992-2003.
Another former star set to appear in court is the Argentine Juan Sebastian Veron.
The investigation against Parmalat began in early 2012.
Hristo Stoichkov played for Parma during the 1995-1996 season.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater