Bulgaria's Manolev Awaits January Transfer
Bulgaria's national team footballer Stanislav Manolev revealed his plans to leave Dutch team PSV Eindhoven during the January transfer window.
Manolev’s contract with PSV, where he’s been since 2009, expires next summer, but the Bulgarian admits he has agreed with the club’s officials to leave in January, if his agent can find him a new team, the player told the Bulgarian National Television.
Last season, the 27-year old played for 6 months on loan in Fulham, together with fellow countryman Dimitar Berbatov, but was unable to leave a significant mark in the Premier League.
Manolev’s performances for the national team during the World Cup qualifications were quite satisfactory, however. He managed to score a memorable goal against Italy, in the 2:2 draw in Sofia.
This prompted several Italian clubs to express their interest in him.
Regarding this Thursday’s Europa League match between Bulgarian champions Ludogorets and PSV Eindhoven, Manolev believes the Razgrad team has reasonable chances to win the match, keeping in mind the recent bad form of their Dutch opponents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How Many Bulgarians Have Played in the NBA?
- » Olympics: Italy Made History with Jacobs Winning 100 m Sprint
- » Olympics: Yosif Miladinov Remained 8th in 100 m Men's Final
- » Firts Olympic Medal for Bulgaria: Antoaneta Kostadinova Earns Silver in the Women's 10m Air Pistol
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today