Plovdiv Chief Takes over Bulgarian National Police
Todor Grebenarov, Head of the Plovdiv Regional Directorate of the Interior Ministry is the new Chief of Bulgaria's National Police.
The news was reported Saturday by the public radio BNR. Commissar Grebenarov has declined comments as the order for his appointment has not yet been signed.
It was reported earlier that the current Chief of Bulgaria's Main Directorate "National Police," Angel Antonov has been released from the post Friday.
The order for Antonov's dismissal has been signed by the Minister of Interior in the current, Socialist-endorsed government, Tsvetlin Yovchev, and has already been handed to the former police chief.
Antonov was appointed at the post in June 2012 by Tsvetan Tsvetanov, former Interior Minister in the cabinet of the centrist and now in opposition Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB. Before that he was Chief of Criminal Police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev