Ex Mayor of Bulgaria's Sliven Acquitted of Signing Unprofitable Deals
Bulgarian football legend and former Mayor of Sliven Yordan Lechkov has been conclusively acquitted on charges of depriving the municipality of over BGN 1.3 M.
The acquittal was issued by the Kyustendil District Court on Thursday.
The Kyustendil-based court upheld the verdict of the court of first instance, the Kystendil Regional Court, according to reports of the Focus news agency.
Lechkov was charged with sealing an unprofitable deal through a contract for repair works at a retirement home and a kindergarten.
The prosecuting authority claimed that Lechkov, in his capacity of Mayor of Sliven, had allowed inflated prices for repair works, thereby depriving the municipality of BGN 1 375 156.
At the end of the sitting, Lechkov thanked the court and declared that he had never doubted their fair judgment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Arrested for Transporting Migrants on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: Police detained a Drugged Syrian transporting Migrants near Shumen
- » 92-Year-Old Bulgarian caught Driving without a License…AGAIN
- » Three Bulgarians, including a Pregnant Woman and a Military Man, caught Transporting Migrants in Plovdiv