3 Temperature Records Broken in Bulgaria, Snow Coming In
Lingering warm weather in late November set three new temperature records in Bulgaria Thursday.
Those were Veliko Tarnovo, 24.2 degrees Centigrade, and Razgrad, 19.3 C, in northern Bulgaria, and Elhovo, 19.4, in the south.
In spite of the warm day Thursday, most of north-eastern Bulgaria did not get highs over 10 C, due to lingering fog, informed Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
Weather will stay cozy Friday and Saturday, but no temperature records are expected to be broken, informed the weather service.
A cold front is expected early next week, which is likely to bring the first snow in Bulgaria's lowlands.
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C
- » NIMH: Code Yellow and Code Orange Warning for Dangerous Weather in Place in 16 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy with Rain or Snow
- » Weather Foreast: Mostly Cloudy with Rain