Trade Union Rally Pushes Aside Protesters
The rally of the Confederation of Independent Syndicates in Bulgaria, KNSB, has pushed back the student protesters in front of the Parliament building in Sofia.
The unionists called over a megaphone to be allowed to pass and raised a small stage on which to speak, reports Offnews.
There were no tensions between the different protesting fractions, and some of the KNSB speakers even called forth the students. However, the student protest had already moved in a different direction.
Some of the traditional anti-government protesters voiced their dissatisfaction with the KNSB rally, saying that their aim is not to topple the government, but to negotiate with it.
Around 11:20 AM, the protesters in front of the Parliament were approximately 1 000.
- » Train will Connect Bankya and Kazichene
- » A new border checkpoint is opened at the border with Romania
- » Prime Minister Borisov Asked for a Debate on the Issue of Media Freedom in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM: We Will Allocate Nearly 52mln BGN for Christmas Supplements For the Pensioners
- » Minister of Agriculture and Food Opens a Campaign to Support Bulgarian Food Producers
- » Four Newly Elected Constitutional Judges in Bulgaria Took Oaths