Trade Union Rally Pushes Aside Protesters
The rally of the Confederation of Independent Syndicates in Bulgaria, KNSB, has pushed back the student protesters in front of the Parliament building in Sofia.
The unionists called over a megaphone to be allowed to pass and raised a small stage on which to speak, reports Offnews.
There were no tensions between the different protesting fractions, and some of the KNSB speakers even called forth the students. However, the student protest had already moved in a different direction.
Some of the traditional anti-government protesters voiced their dissatisfaction with the KNSB rally, saying that their aim is not to topple the government, but to negotiate with it.
Around 11:20 AM, the protesters in front of the Parliament were approximately 1 000.
- » BGN 4 Billion are Needed for all Strategic Railway Projects in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Hosts a Trade Union Meeting of European Capitals
- » In which Regions Live the People with the Highest Incomes in Sofia?
- » Rumen Ovcharov: Clear Statement is Needed on the Benefits of "TurkStream"
- » Valentin Radev: Bulgaria is the Most Stable Country in the Balkans
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Construction on Wild Beaches in Bulgaria