Ex-Bulgarian MP to be Charged With Tax Crimes on Friday
The Bulgarian Prosecution will officially press charges against former Deputy Chair of Parliament, Hristo Biserov, for financial and tax crimes on Friday.
At the beginning of the month, Biserov surprisingly resigned from his post as Deputy Chair of Parliament and the liberal Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
Later, the Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office initiated a probe against him for alleged financial and tax crimes.
It is believed that foreign special services notified the Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS) over suspicious transactions from Biserov’s Swiss bank account to his stepson Ivaylo Glavnikov in Macedonia.
Initial reports suggested Biserov had fled the country to Italy, but on Wednesday he was seen outside his home in Sofia.
The Biserov case flared heated debates in Parliament and further exacerbated the negative sentiments among the anti-government protesters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Orban’s Party Leaves EPP over Breach of EU Rules
- » Russia Talks Tough in Response to US and EU Sanctions
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today, Rain and Snow on Saturday
- » Bulgaria: March 3 Celebrations Downscaled, Prime Minister Congratulates Bulgarians on Facebook