Protesters Try to Storm Parliament Building in Sofia
Protesters have pushed down part of the railings in front of the Parliament building in Sofia.
Tuesday is the 152nd day of anti-government protests in Bulgaria.
The demonstrators are trying to get as close to the building as possible, while riot police is pushing them back.
Protesters are hurling bottles, drumming on overturned thrash bins, waving flags, and chanting "mafia", "red thrash", "resign".
bTV showed live footage where groups of violent young men with hoods on, drinking beer, were seen among ordinary protesting citizens and university students.
It was also reported that someone set a fire in the vicinity of the Parliament's building.
Traffic in the area remains blocked.
Expect further details.
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the Draft Disability Act
- » NFSB will Seek the Resignation of Volen Siderov as Chair of United Patriots’ PG
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Part of Amendments to State Property Act
- » The Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Launches Public Tender for Technical Projects for Road Works of 111 km
- » AFP: Bulgaria Urged to Save Communist-era Architectural 'Masterpiece' Buzludzha
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet