Protesters Try to Storm Parliament Building in Sofia
Protesters have pushed down part of the railings in front of the Parliament building in Sofia.
Tuesday is the 152nd day of anti-government protests in Bulgaria.
The demonstrators are trying to get as close to the building as possible, while riot police is pushing them back.
Protesters are hurling bottles, drumming on overturned thrash bins, waving flags, and chanting "mafia", "red thrash", "resign".
bTV showed live footage where groups of violent young men with hoods on, drinking beer, were seen among ordinary protesting citizens and university students.
It was also reported that someone set a fire in the vicinity of the Parliament's building.
Traffic in the area remains blocked.
Expect further details.
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament Talks With Talat Jaferi at the National Assembly
- » The Ministry of the Interior Received 9 New Cars, Specialized as Technical Workshops
- » Parliament Discusses the Presidential Veto on the Law on Personal Data
- » Bulgarian Parliament Will Vote on the Protocol For the Accession of Northern Macedonia to NATO
- » BDZ will Update 15 Passenger Coaches every Month until the End of the Year
- » Repair Closes Another One of the Central Streets in Sofia