Protesters Try to Storm Parliament Building in Sofia
Protesters have pushed down part of the railings in front of the Parliament building in Sofia.
Tuesday is the 152nd day of anti-government protests in Bulgaria.
The demonstrators are trying to get as close to the building as possible, while riot police is pushing them back.
Protesters are hurling bottles, drumming on overturned thrash bins, waving flags, and chanting "mafia", "red thrash", "resign".
bTV showed live footage where groups of violent young men with hoods on, drinking beer, were seen among ordinary protesting citizens and university students.
It was also reported that someone set a fire in the vicinity of the Parliament's building.
Traffic in the area remains blocked.
Expect further details.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend