Lingering Summer Breaks Temperature Record in Bulgaria
One record temperature high was broken Thursday in Bulgaria, after a brief cold and rainy spell on Wednesday.
Lingering Indian summer brought a high of 22 degrees Celsius to the town of Sandanski in the south-west, bettering a temperature record set in 1996.
This was the highest temperature measured in Bulgaria Thursday, with the same reading recorded in the city of Plovdiv.
Montana, Pazardzhik and Vidin were also warm, with 21 C, while capital Sofia was cooler, with the high not going over 16 C.
The sunny and warm weather is expected to last through the end of the week, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Citizens of Nine Bulgarian Cities are Breathing Dirty Air
- » Weather in Bulgaria will Stay mostly Cloudy and in Some Places with Slight Rain and Snow
- » Another Day With Dangerously Dirty Air in Sofia and Several Other Cities in the Country
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria will be Cloudy, with Occasional Rainfall and Snow
- » Sofia: Higher Levels of Particulate Matter in Some City Districts
- » Sunshine Till Noon, Clouds Will Cover the Whole Country by the End of the Day