Lingering Summer Breaks Temperature Record in Bulgaria
One record temperature high was broken Thursday in Bulgaria, after a brief cold and rainy spell on Wednesday.
Lingering Indian summer brought a high of 22 degrees Celsius to the town of Sandanski in the south-west, bettering a temperature record set in 1996.
This was the highest temperature measured in Bulgaria Thursday, with the same reading recorded in the city of Plovdiv.
Montana, Pazardzhik and Vidin were also warm, with 21 C, while capital Sofia was cooler, with the high not going over 16 C.
The sunny and warm weather is expected to last through the end of the week, said Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Highs between 16°C and 21°C
- » Variable Clouds to Sunny Spells over most of Bulgaria this Morning
- » Cloudy Day with Rain in Many Places in Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Considerable Cloudiness Across most of Bulgaria, Rain in some Places in the Afternoon
- » Wild Animals have Eaten Pelican Eggs in "Srebarna" Nature Reserve
- » Fake Sports Goods Detained at Varna West Port