Top Bulgarian Politicians Exchange Accusations after High-Profile Probe
Leaders from Bulgarian former ruling party GERB and current junior coalition partner the Movement for Rights and Freedoms have exchanged accusations of classified information abuse.
Soon after, there were rumors that the top politician might be investigated for an unspecified financial scheme.
Thursday, hours before the Prosecution announced that Biserov is actually probed, GERB vice-chair Tsvetan Tsvetanov said in a public statement that MRF leaders Lyutvi Mestan and Ahmed Dogan might have received information from the Prosecution, which might have prompted a pressure upon Biserov to resign.
On his part, Mestan retorted suggesting that Tsvetanov had no way to know that Biserov will be put under investigation.
After his aide's resignation Mestan had commented that the reasons are strictly personal and not political, and will be revealed at Biserov's discretion.
"If Tsvetanov's statement was made before that of the Prosecution, then I am asking: Who in this country has access to classified information and why?" said Mestan.
"The probe against Biserov shows that strange processes are going on in MRF. Who advised the Movement's leadership to get rid of Biserov?" retorted GERB leader and former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov on his Facebook account.
Just Tuesday, there were reports that GERB and MRF are considering a joint coalition that would install a new cabinet in place of the current one chaired by PM Plamen Oresharski with the support of the Bulgarian Socialist Party and the Movement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today, Rain and Snow on Saturday
- » Bulgaria: March 3 Celebrations Downscaled, Prime Minister Congratulates Bulgarians on Facebook
- » Bulgaria’s President Meets with Heads of Security Services to Discuss Rights of Our Compatriots Abroad
- » Bulgaria: BSP Demands Starting Talks with Russia on Sputnik V Vaccine Delivery
- » Bulgaria’s Deputy Prime Minister to Present National Recovery and Sustainability Plan before Parliament Recess