Bulgaria to Restructure Notorious Science Fund
The Bulgarian cabinet will close the Research Fund unit at the Ministry of Education and will create a new agency to control money for science.
The unveiling of the new agency will take place within weeks, according to a report by Bulgarian daily Trud.
The new body will also include the Innovation Fund at the Ministry of Economy, and will not be under the auspices of the Education Ministry, but rather under the Council of Ministers or the Ministry of Finance.
The check unveiled an alarming number of bogus projects approved by the agency in breach of regulatory and internal requirements.
- » PM Borisov: Over 200 Schools Throughout Bulgaria are Undergoing Complete Renovation
- » PhD Scholarships in Bulgaria to be Increased by BGN 3 Million per Year
- » Next Year the Average Teacher's Salary in Bulgaria will be 1300 Leva
- » Repton School Set to Open New Centre in Bulgaria as First in Bulgaria with English Curriculum
- » Small Free Libraries will Appear in Several Locations Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Students with 4 Medals from the International Olympiad in Biology