Key Bulgarian Liberal Probed For Financial Crimes
The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office has initiated a probe over alleged financial and tax crimes against Hristo Biserov, former Vice-Speaker of the Bulgarian Parliament.
Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov announced on Thursday morning that The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office has opened an investigation into allegations that Hristo Biserov, former Deputy Chairman of Bulgaria's liberal and predominantly ethnic Turkish party, DPS has committed financial and tax crimes, informs BNR.
The allegations stem from a report prepared by the State Agency for National Security, DANS.
The information and the facts in the report are currently checked by The Sofia City Prosecutor's Office.
Also on Thursday, the Bulgarian Parliament voted the resignation of Hristo Biserov and he was released from his post of a member of the parliament.
Hristo Biserov, former Vice-Speaker of the Bulgarian Parliament and former Deputy Chairman of DPS has been a long-time figure in the party's leadership, and has acted as MP from the party since 2005 until November 3rd when he unexpectedly resigned from the position of Deputy Chair and expressed his desire be released from his MP seat citing fully personal and not political motives behind the surprising step.
Biserov has asked to have his membership in DPS frozen, the movement’s leader Lyutvi Mestan announced on Monday.
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago
- » Bulgarian MPs Approved the Removal of the Fast Track Trial Proceedings in Premeditated Murder Cases
- » Police Officers Arrested Two Bulgarians for Trafficking in Persons for Begging in France and Sweden
- » Attention: New Types of Designer Drugs!
- » Police Officers Seized Over 8,000,000 Pieces Illegal Cigarettes for Over BGN 3 Million
- » Protesters Dyed the Iconic Wall Street Charging Bull in New York