79 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 Hours
A total of 79 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, authorities say.
38 of them are Syrian nationals, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
The total capacity of the the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has now been exceeded by 1131 beds.
Bulgaria is the gateway to the European Union for refugees fleeing Syria via Turkey, many crossing the border illegally to seek asylum.
Security at the Bulgarian-Turkish border has been upped by border police from other parts of the country. Additional staff to process documents has been sent as well.
Bulgaria’s government expects the number of asylum seekers in the country to reach 11 000 by the end of 2013.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today Marks 102 Years Since the Treaty of Neuily
- » Health Minister Katsarov's Promised 1 Million Tests for Students turned out to be 168,800
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed
- » Governor of New York has Issued a State of Emergency because of the New Covid Variant
- » Expert: News about New Variant “Omicron” are Concerning, but This is Not the End of the World
- » Pfizer and Moderna expect Data on Vaccine Protection against New Covid Variant Soon