79 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 Hours
A total of 79 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, authorities say.
38 of them are Syrian nationals, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
The total capacity of the the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has now been exceeded by 1131 beds.
Bulgaria is the gateway to the European Union for refugees fleeing Syria via Turkey, many crossing the border illegally to seek asylum.
Security at the Bulgarian-Turkish border has been upped by border police from other parts of the country. Additional staff to process documents has been sent as well.
Bulgaria’s government expects the number of asylum seekers in the country to reach 11 000 by the end of 2013.
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » Sofia Residents Will Be Able to Track Information about Upcoming Disasters in the City via Their Phone
- » 9 Kilometers Long Car Queue at The Danube Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint