Thousands Gather on Anti-Immigrant Rally in Sofia
Thousands of Bulgarians have walked out on a rally against foreign migrants, following the night stabbing of a young girl in Sofia.
The rally was called Sunday by nationalist party VMRO, who said that the 20-year-old victim was their supporter, and that the violent incident has been a drastic demonstration of tensions between migrants of different cultures and Bulgarians.
The protest, which started at the National Palace of Culture after 1 pm, walked along Vitosha Blvd, with many people carrying and shouting nationalist slogans such as "Bulgaria for Bulgarians, refugees out."
They were also carrying signs with "Vicky", the name of the young stabbing victim, who is now fighting for her life.
In a separate rally, some 150 supporters of nationalist party Ataka assembled in front of the Ministry of Interior, and walked to the main Sofia mosque, Banya Bashi.
The perpetrator of the attack, which took place in a shop the young girl was working at, is believed to be of North African origin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Angelov: We Are Entering a Serious Phase of the Epidemic
- » Bulgaria: Truck Fell Down from Asparuhov Bridge in Varna
- » Bulgarian Judicial Council Will Discuss Opening of Procedure for Dismissal of Prosecutor General
- » COVID 19 in Germany: 11 000 Daily Cases - Highest on Record
- » OUTDOOR MASKS: See Where and When To Wear Mask in Bulgaria
- » General Director of Bulgarian National Radio Resigns, Claims His Opinion Is Manipulated and Falsified