Sofia ER Hospital Rallies against Budget Cuts
About 200 employees of Sofia's "Pirogov" emergency hospital staged Thursday a protest rally against budget cuts.
The rally was triggered by the decision of the National Health Insurance Fund, NZOK, to pay only 80% of activities of medical institutions by the end of the year.
The idea for the protest has occurred spontaneously in the morning and was supported by the entire staff. Not everyone attended the rally as this would mean completely shutting the hospital, the demonstrators are quoted in saying.
On Wednesday, NZOK has transferred to "Pirogov" 80% of the money due for September, said Associated Professor Stoyan Milanov, Head of the hospital.
According to him, the amount will merely cover employees' salaries.
"I hope this protest will not affect the patients and our work. This is a cry for help, a shout of indignation. We cannot go on the same way any longer. This must end. We certainly want to work in a normal way. Without security, we cannot continue. This is one of the strategic hospitals, does anyone think about this," said Milanov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 186 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 204 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 208 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 295 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 41 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 58 New Cases in the Last 24 hours