London: Independent Scotland Will Be Out of EU
Scotland would automatically leave the European Union if it split from the United Kingdom, Foreign Secretary William Hague has warned.
Hague said Scotland benefited enormously from the union but warned that voting in favour of independence would mean splitting from the world organisations the UK had signed up to.
"Scotland, of course, derives enormous benefit from being part of the United Kingdom. And the United Kingdom benefits enormously from Scotland being part of the United Kingdom.
"It is very important to understand that if Scotland left the United Kingdom, it would also be leaving the organisations the United Kingdom is a member of, including the European Union,“ Hague said as cited by the Scottish Daily Record.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU is Close to an Agreement on the Regulation of ChatGPT and Other AI-Based Systems
- » Day 652 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Republicans in US Senate Blocked Billions in Aid to Kyiv
- » Brazil Sends Troops to Border with Venezuela
- » EU and China Seek Common Ground Amid Differences, Eye Global Stability
- » EU Directive: Bulgaria Embraces Universal USB-C Chargers for Devices
- » Gaza War: Hell in Khan Younis