New Self-Immolation Attempted in Bulgaria
A Bulgarian man has set himself ablaze Monday morning in the southwestern town of Dupnitsa.
According to local media reports, he is listed in the emergency "Pirogov" hospital in the capital Sofia and is in critical condition.
The incident occurred around 6:00 am. The man is about 40-years-old and suffered many severe burns. He was immediately transported from Dupnitsa to "Pirogov's" Burns and Plastic Surgery Unit.
According to bTV, the incident was caused by domestic dispute.
This is the latest of a string of self-immolations that have shaken Bulgaria since the start of 2013, when large-scale protests against social and economic stagnation erupted.
At least eight people died after setting themselves on fire in EU's poorest country between February and May 2013, with two more attempts in the summer.
- » Bulgarian Nurses are Again Protesting, they do not Believe the Promise of the Health Minister
- » Taxi Drivers in Sofia are Protesting
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » World Happiness Report: Bulgaria is Ranked 97th in the World
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » Increase of Salaries of Healthcare Professionals in Sofia' Emergency Hospital "Pirogov"