New Self-Immolation Attempted in Bulgaria
A Bulgarian man has set himself ablaze Monday morning in the southwestern town of Dupnitsa.
According to local media reports, he is listed in the emergency "Pirogov" hospital in the capital Sofia and is in critical condition.
The incident occurred around 6:00 am. The man is about 40-years-old and suffered many severe burns. He was immediately transported from Dupnitsa to "Pirogov's" Burns and Plastic Surgery Unit.
According to bTV, the incident was caused by domestic dispute.
This is the latest of a string of self-immolations that have shaken Bulgaria since the start of 2013, when large-scale protests against social and economic stagnation erupted.
At least eight people died after setting themselves on fire in EU's poorest country between February and May 2013, with two more attempts in the summer.
- » World Diabetes Day: How is the Disease Caused?
- » More than Half of the Students in Bulgaria Aged between 13 and 15 - Victim of Harassment or Violence
- » Lost Аncient City was Discovered During Excavations in Greece
- » NASA Predicts People on Mars Within 25 Years
- » First Snow in Some Places Around Bulgaria Over the Weekend
- » Death Toll Climbs to 48 in California's Most Lethal Wildfire Disaster