SERKAN EARNS GALATASARAY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLACE
The away goal was enough for Galatasaray, who led 2-1 after the first leg in Turkey, but the Bulgarian champions took advantage of an error by the visitors when Miodrag Pantelic equalised from close range in the 79th minute. The goal inspired the hosts, but they were unable to break down Galatasaray`s defence for a second time. Levski had problems threatening their opponents` goal as striker Georgi Ivanov, who scored in the first leg, was closely marked.
`We played very well until Levski`s goal when we made a bad error and complicated the situation in the remaining time. I thank the defence who were very concentrated,` Romanian Lucescu said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Nadal in Monte Karlo
- » Buglarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Continues His Winning Streak in Monte Carlo
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia