Brazil Embassy for Novinite: Still Collecting Info on Boevski's Return
Brazil's Embassy in Bulgaria is still collecting official information about the surprising release of Bulgarian weightlifting champion Galabin Boevski from Brazilian jail.
More details are expected to be available on Thursday afternoon, a representative of the diplomatic mission told Novinite.bg, Bulgarian-language sister version of Novinite.com.
Bulgaria's weightlifting federation declined comment, when approached by the media.
Galabin Boevski, who was jailed in Brazil on cocaine trafficking charges, and was to spent over 9 years in jail, surprisingly returned to Bulgaria Wednesday.
In its evening broadcast, the public television, the Bulgarian National Television, BNT, aired footage, showing Boevski at the Sofia international airport, arriving on a flight from Paris and greeted by his family.
Only BNT reporter, Yordan Dimitrov, has been at the airport to film the arrival and try to get some details.
When approached by Dimitrov, the athlete refused any comment as did the Bulgarian embassy in Brazil, and his Bulgarian lawyer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus