Sofia Hosts 1st Balkan Rakia Fest
The visitors of the first Balkan Rakia Festival, which will be held in Bulgarian capital Sofia, will have the opportunity to taste over 150 kinds of spirits.
The fest will take place on October 24 and 25 at the National Palace of Culture, NDK.
It will showcase spirits of local producers and traditional alcoholic drinks from Turkey , Greece, Macedonia and Serbia.
The official start of the festival will be given at 12:00 pm Thursday by representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, the Executive Agency on Vine and Wine and the National Vine and Wine Chamber, the organizers inform.
During the opening, the guests will be welcomed by a folk music and dance performance.
Besides a full range of products, manufacturers will also present the latest and aged rakia drinks. Special offers of the festival include the rare rose rakia, Bulgarian walnut liqueur, and many new and unknown Bulgarian brands, introduced solely and exclusively for the event .
There will be also a unique exhibition of limited edition, modern or vintage drinks, arranged by country and region.
Rakia is a traditional strong alcoholic drink of the brandy type prepared on the Balkans from various fruits, such as plums, grapes, apricots, pears, etc.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cherries from Greece and Turkey are expected to Flood the Market in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation in April was 14.4%
- » The EC Forecasts Inflation of nearly 12% for Bulgaria
- » How much have Incomes and Expenses Increased in Bulgaria in a Year
- » Bulgaria: Is Inflation Galloping?
- » Bulgartransgaz: We will Not Stop the Transit of Russian Gas