All Balkan Countries Will Join EU - EC President
All Balkan countries will join the union when they meet EU criteria for accession, says European Commission President.
All Balkan countries that have applied for EU membership should join the union when they are ready, said EC President, Jose Barosso, during his visit to Berlin.
“Brussels should keep its door open for Turkey”, pointed out Barosso in regards of Turkey EU accession prospects, as cited by ITAR-TASS news agency.
“From a political and economic point of view Turkey is a big country, but its accession would be possible only if it fulfills all requirements and receives approval for its accession from all EU member states, which will take some more time”, added EC President.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours