Court Appoints Mental Health Evaluation of Ahmed Dogan
Court orders psychological expertise in order to determine whether Bulgarian politician Ahmed Dogan is in condition to testify in the case against his attacker, Oktay Enimehmedov.
The announcement was made during a Monday hearing in Sofia City Court, informs BGNES.
Earlier, the Court received a request from Ahmed Dogan, accompanied by a doctor's note, in which he writes he wished to be removed as a witness because of his ailing health, but magistrates ruled out that health and medical exams records of Dogan that were submitted by his physician are not enough in order to determine whether he is fit to testify, therefore ordered a mental health evaluation of the politician.
The Sofia City Court scheduled the next hearing for November 25.
The Court postponed the first hearing in the trial back on August 14 and the second on September 24, as Dogan failed to show up in court.
It emerged on October 16 that he has produced another sick note, as he did on the previous two occasions.
On January 19, police detained 25-year-old Oktay Enimehmedov after he pointed a gas pistol at Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), leader Ahmed Dogan as the latter was delivering his resignation speech at a party conference in Sofia.
No shots were fired.Enimehmedov was indicted on attempted murder charges. He was also charged with "indecent actions that are grossly violating the public order and showing clear lack of respect for society."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them