Bulgaria's Dimitrov Delighted with 1st ATP Title Win
Bulgaria’s hot tennis prospect Grigor Dimitrov could not hide his delight after winning the first ATP World Tour title in his career.
Dimitrov won the If Stockholm Open with a 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over top seed David Ferrer on Sunday. This feat makes Dimitrov the first Bulgarian to win an ATP World Tour title, joining seven other first-time champions on the ATP World Tour in 2013.
“I am very happy. It means a lot to me and my team and everyone who has been supporting me throughout the years - my family, my girlfriend, and everyone else who has been around,” Dimitrov told ATP after the final.
“That's big not only for me but also for the country… I hope that people in Bulgaria appreciate [my win] and that it's going to motivate little kids and people in the clubs to work harder,” he noted.
The 22-year-old said it was nice to start his relationship with new coach Roger Rasheed with a tournament win.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar